So many people struggle to deep clean their tile flooring. There are so many different options out there and steam cleaning can get overlooked.
This is usually because people assume that they are super expensive, but are they worth the money?
Steam cleaning your tile flooring has a ton of benefits. It can provide you with such an effortless clean that you will never look at your old floor mop again.
Using a steam cleaner will not only get a deeper clean on your tile flooring, but it will also save you so much time and effort. Steam cleaners are easy to use and maintain for a long time.
If you’re liking the sound of a steam cleaner, we have rounded up a list of our top four products below.
Keep reading to find out the best steam cleaners on the market right now for tile flooring.
Before You Buy a Steam Cleaner
Of course, we only want to recommend this type of product to you if you really need it.
Before you click buy now, you may want to consider the following points:
Are you using this steam cleaner for multiple surfaces?
Depending on the surfaces in your home, you may want to consider a steam cleaner for tile, hardwood, laminate, carpet and some even come with window cleaning attachments!
Do you have pets or children at home?
Steam cleaners only use water so they are completely pet and child safe.
Do you aim to remove a heavy build-up, light layers of dirt or are you spot cleaning certain areas?
For a general clean, steam cleaners are a great option. If you’re still interested in them for spot cleaning, then you may want to consider a cleaner with a good variety of attachments included.
Would you like continuous steam or the ability to turn steam on and off?
Some cleaners have a control system but others don’t. It’s completely down to you on what you would prefer.
Do you want washable pads included with your steamer?
If you are looking to be more environmentally friendly, a steam cleaner is a good start. Not only do they only use water but some even come with removable and washable mop pads.
Are an all-in-one vacuum and steam cleaner an option for you?
If you are in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and steam cleaner, you may be interested in an all-in-one device.
Once you have answered the above questions, you will be ready to move onto the product reviews. You should now have an idea of exactly what you are looking for in a steam cleaner.
Now, let’s get stuck into our top four steam cleaners for tile surfaces!
OUR TOP PICK
Our top choice for steam cleaners for tile surfaces has to be the PurSteam Mop Cleaner. We chose this steam mop for many reasons.
The top reason has to be that it is suitable for multiple surfaces. It can be used on your tile flooring as well as hardwood, laminate, and even carpet!
Yes, you heard that right! This steam cleaner also doubles up as a carpet cleaner. It actually works really well due to the fact that no harsh chemical cleaning products are needed. Just pure water.
You will get a completely sanitized surface that is pet and child safe. How often can you say that with other products? It also comes with several attachments to help speed up your cleaning.
- 99.99% sanitization - no harsh chemical cleaning products needed, just use water and keep your family safe from unwanted germs.
- Multiple surfaces - perfect for cleaning tile, hardwood, laminate, and carpet surfaces.
- Additional attachments included - included in your purchase, you will receive a window squeegee, straight nozzle, bent nozzle, nylon brushes, and interchangeable mop cleaning pads.
- Small reservoir - this steam cleaner is ideal for small-mid size rooms. The small reservoir tank means that you may need to refill if being used in a large surface area.
Next up, we have the BISSELL Power Fresh Steam Mop. This is another top choice if you’re in need of a quality steam cleaner for your tile flooring.
The steam mop banishes up to 99.9% of germs thanks to the power of steam. We love this steam cleaner due to the smart set digital steam control functionality.
This allows you to choose between high, medium, and low settings to suit your needs.
As well as the natural clean from the steam, BISSELL has incorporated spring breeze fragrance disks.
These help to promote pleasant scents in your home. They’re especially good in areas that may need a little more TLC like bathrooms.
The steam cleaner is quick and easy to use. Switch on, fill it up and wait only 30 seconds before use!
- Digital steam control - this is a great function that allows you to choose the setting of your steam mop.
- Quick and easy clean - once your steam mop is switched on and filled with water, it takes only 30 seconds to heat up fully.
- Fragrance disks included - if you want a fresh scent, this mop comes with two fragrance disks that can be used in the steamer.
- The cord does not auto roll - you will have to manually wind up the electrical cord for this steam cleaner.
Shark is a well-known and loved brand in the cleaning world.
Their steam mops also do not disappoint. We couldn’t put together the best steam cleaners for tile and not mention this brand.
A feature that sets this steam cleaner apart from other products is the two-sided cleaning option. With this Shark steam mop, you can easily flip the microfiber pads over to reach both sides.
Just like the other two recommended steam cleaners, this provides a quick and effective clean.
It will be ready to use in just thirty seconds and will kill up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
The steam mop comes with two reusable and washable pads. This is amazing as you can swap pads over as soon as one gets too grubby.
Allowing you to have a much more efficient clean.
- Two-sided cleaning - easily flip over the mop pads for a more effective clean.
- Comes with two reusable pads - swap and change your pads easily to keep your tiles fresh. Once you’re done, pop them into the washer to be used over and over again!
- Kills up to 99.9% of germs - the best thing about steam cleaning is that it is super effective. Banish unwanted germs and bacteria in your home with the power of steam.
- Cord length - several comments on how the cord isn’t long enough. This could be an issue if you don’t have a lot of plug sockets in your home.
The last product on our steam cleaners for tile recommendations list is this LIGHT’N’EASY Steam Mop.
We love how this steam mop has been designed. It is lightweight and simple to control. In fact, this steam mop is only 3.5 pounds without water.
Another fantastic thing about this steam cleaner is that it is suitable for various surfaces.
So, if you are looking to use your steam cleaner for your tile flooring or hardwood, laminate or carpet, this is a great steam mop for you.
The mop comes with a long cord to help you reach every corner of large rooms in your home. The steam cleaner is ready to use in 20 seconds. This is faster than any of our other top products!
- Use in 20 seconds - once turned on, the steam cleaner will be ready to use in just 20 seconds!
- Long power cord - the long power cord doesn’t stop you from starting and stopping during your cleaning session.
- Lightweight design - the simple design makes it easy to move around the steam cleaner and take with you to whatever room you need to clean.
- Steam activated through a push motion - this created problems for some customers as the steam cleaner wasn’t constantly producing steam. For example, steam is produced when the mop is pushed forward but not produced when it is pulled back during the mopping action.
We hope that you have been able to find out more about how amazing steam cleaners can be! Not only are they great for tile surfaces, but other flooring surfaces too!
Our top four products are some of the best available right now, so what are you waiting for? Let us know which model you end up choosing!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does steam clean flooring effectively?
Steam cleaning only uses water to clean your tile flooring. The temperature at which the steam is produced is enough to effectively kill any unwanted germs.
There is no need for any harsh chemical cleaning products, all you need is water. It will result in your surface being completely sanitized.
How often should you steam clean tiles?
Steam cleaning tile flooring is great for larger areas such as a hallway, kitchen, or hotel lobby. If your tiles are looking a little lackluster, it could be time to get your steam cleaner out.
To keep your tiles in their best condition, aim to carry out a deep steam cleaning once or twice a year. This may not sound like much but it is enough to keep your flooring looking good.
Can a steam cleaner remove dirt from tile grout?
The high temperature of the steam can help draw out any grime and dirt from the grout of your tile flooring. The only issue with this is that the dirt now sticks to the tiles themselves.
To keep this from happening and effectively removing the grime, you will want to follow these basic steps.
Ensure that you are rinsing your mop often. Make sure that the mop is free from dirt when you have finished cleaning a certain area.
This will get rid of any stubborn dirt that may have fallen into the grout and stained. You will be pleasantly surprised at the results!