Are you bored of wasting time mopping your laminate floors clean to no avail? Using a large amount of liquid can damage laminate floors if you’re not careful.
As a result, when you’re using a traditional mop, it can be time-consuming to ensure that there isn’t too much water saturating the floor.
A steam mop is a gamechanger that uses hot steam to dissolve bacteria, dirt, and grime away and is less likely to damage your laminate floor!
Unlike a heavy, messy mop bucket, a steam mop is much more convenient to use and store.
Check out the 4 best steam mops below.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
The BISSEL Power Fresh Steam Mop is designed to help you power through tough, sticky messes!
This steam mop works to eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam. No need for additional chemicals that could damage your laminate flooring!
The BISSEL steam mop features swivel steering and a 23-foot power cord for your convenience. Ready to use in 30 seconds with a power rating of 1500 watts!
- This steam mop features 3 different settings! Choose from high, medium, or low steam depending on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control.
- The easy scrubber flips down and reaches down to the grout and crevices.
- This steam mop also comes with a number of accessories, including a microfiber soft pad, a microfiber scrubby pad, 2 spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider, so you can get the most out of your purchase!
- One customer noted that they had trouble with the spray of this particular steam mop.
The Shark Steam Mop is designed for convenience and provides you with on-demand steam that is ready within 30 seconds!
Say goodbye to a traditional bulky mop bucket! This steam mop is not only lightweight, but is also compact, so it is always easy to use and store.
Save time with the Shark steam mop, there is no need to scrub for hours on end! Remove grease and grime in a matter of minutes.
- Easily fill and refill the extra-large removable water tank on demand for easy access!
- Clean and sanitize your floor with just water for your convenience, quickly cut through stuck-on messes – no chemicals and no residue! It’s really that simple.
- Designed with ease in mind, the Shark Steam Mop is lightweight and maneuverable, allowing you to get into tight spaces.
- A few customers claimed that their arms were sore after using this product significantly.
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer has a lightweight design (3. 5 pounds without water) to ensure an easy and pleasant experience without compromising any cleaning capabilities!
This steamer provides 1150W high-temperature steam within 20 seconds, making it easier than ever to remove those more stubborn stains.
The flexible mop head and 20ft long cable ensure coverage in hard-to-reach areas, making this mop suitable for all kinds of floors, especially for hardwood floors and laminate!
- The reusable triple-layered microfiber pad is engineered for exceptional absorption, so you don’t have to worry about your laminate floor becoming too wet and potentially causing accidents.
- No need to buy chemicals or floor cleaner with this steam mop! Simply use water to effectively cut through grime and with the washable pad that can be reused multiple times!
- 1-year warranty, so you can rest assured that you’re covered.
- A couple of customers claimed that they had to rub harder than they were expecting in order to clean stains sufficiently.
This steam mop is multifunctional! Safe to use on any surface you want to clean and sanitize: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles.
3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. This is especially important when you're trying to preserve either your hardwood floors finish or maintain your laminate flooring!
- This steam mop is child & pet safe! This mop provides 99.99% sanitation with no harsh chemicals so you can keep your loved ones safe.
- This mop includes a two-year warranty, so you’re covered should anything go wrong.
- The PurSteam mop uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- One customer noted that this steam mop was more catered towards cleaning smaller rooms, so this is something to be mindful of.
Tips for using a Steam Mop on Laminate Flooring
There are a few tips when it comes to cleaning and preserving your laminate flooring, to ensure that it remains in the best possible condition as well as sparkling clean! Take a look at some tips in more detail below:
Depending on the mop that you buy, you should take advantage of the germ-killing capabilities of a steam mop by avoiding adding any additional cleaners or chemicals to your steam mops’ water tank.
Some chemicals can break down the bonding agents in laminate flooring, not only ruining the look of your floors but can also cause significant damage further down the line.
Some cleaning products can also leave a residue that can dull the shine of the floors, so this is another reason to avoid using them.
When using a steam mop on stains on your laminate flooring, you should be sure to flip down the scrubber for tough stains and those harder-to-reach crevices. Although you might think you need extra chemicals for the really tough jobs, you don’t!
If your steam mop is of good quality, you should have enough power to get rid of even the toughest of stains. The scrubber will help you to reach those pesky crevices that are harder to clean.
Another tip to remember is to always use the lowest heat when it comes to cleaning laminate flooring, as using a large amount of steam or liquid can damage laminate floors if you’re not careful.
You should also move with quick strokes to prevent overheating, being extra careful to never hold the steam mop on one spot. If you don’t do this, you could end up damaging your floor if you’re frequently using the steam mop, which no one wants!
As a result, you should always take the steps to ensure you’re moving relatively quickly with the steam mop and remain mindful when you’re using it throughout your home.
That being said, you can always increase this depending on the situation at hand, especially if you’re struggling to cut through the grime if your floor is particularly dirty.
However, you should always use the low steam setting as a general rule, especially when it comes to cleaning your laminate floor regularly, as you need to ensure that you’re preserving it in the right way.